I’ve been nominated for the ‘Liebster Award’ by Often I Do Think. Which is pretty cool and very nice of her. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t exciting – it’s nice to be recognised!
The Liebster Award is a “favorite blog award”, as Liebster is the German word for favorite, beloved, or dearest. It is meant for smaller blogs with less than two hundred followers to help expose them to the world and help them discover other new and upcoming bloggers.
In order to accept this award, the nominee must do several things.
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
- Answer ten questions given to me by Only I Do Think.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
1. What’s the meaning behind the name of your blog?
I’m interested self improvement and I realise that most significant changes in a person’s life need to happen slowly so my blog name tries to emphasise that. I don’t expect to see a vast improvement in my life within days of trying a new habit but it’ll take months or even years for that to happen.
2. What is one thing a lot of people don’t know about you?
I haven’t written in the colour blue for the past 11 years.
3. What five words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you?
A loud, smart idiot that is inconveniently opinionated.
4. If you were a superhero, who would you be?
Mario. If that doesn’t count, it does now. But my goodness I don’t know if I could handle trying to save peach all the time. She doesn’t even give Mario chocolate at the end of the game. Is the reward for saving your life going off to get kidnapped again? Peach, you’re lucky Mario is player one.
5. If you could go back to any time period, what would it be?
August 28th, 1963 and high five the hand off of Martin Luther King.
6. If you could live in any country other than your own, where would you choose and why?
Germany because I like sausages and they have universal healthcare. What else could you want? I’d miss the continuous complaining about the weather from the Brits though.
7. What is one non-technological item that you could NOT live without?
My heart. Or a pen. I’d hate to write with crayons all the time.
8. If you could shift into any animal, what one would you try first?
A koala. Main reason? They’re cute and make humans go ‘awwwww look at the cute little koala’ and by that time they’d be under my control.
9. If you were to be acting in a Disney movie which would it be and why?
Wheezy the penguin. Have you heard him sing? He’s the friend in me that I need. He’s the friend that we all need.
You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose?
Brain from Pinky and the Brain. I’d learn from his mistakes, change into a Koala and take over the world.
- What is your best habit?
- If you had to enforce one law for everyone to follow, what would it be?
- What’s the corniest joke you know? (These jokes better be so corny they can feed chickens)
- What’s your greatest fear?
- If you could give a super power to your worst enemy, what would it be and why?
- Who is your role model and why?
- What is the happiest fact you know?
- If you had to replace a main character in a movie with yourself to make the worst movie ever who would it be?
- What’s the best thing you can cook?
- Why did you start blogging? Do you hope to keep it going?
- Decree 900
- The Amazing World of Science
- Olivia Eaton
- The Pigtailed Poet
- Activism Analysis
- Jack Zivvi
- Val Jepsen
- Life of Kitty
- Vamos We Are Golden
I’m going to cheat a bit and mention 300 stories because I enjoy his flash fiction. They’re great, seriously.
I hope you enjoy the blogs I’ve linked and thanks again for the award.